Henna body art has been used as a form of body art for thousands of years, starting with the ancient Egyptians. Today, the skilled henna artist at The 12th House GR can decorate your skin with your choice of designs.
Henna is a plant-based dye that...
- Stains the skin a reddish-brown color
- Disappears within a few weeks with exfoliation
- Feels cool when applied and looks cool when dry
Wondering how much it costs to get a custom henna tattoo? At The 12th House GR, you can expect to pay...
- $25 for small henna tattoos
- $35 for medium-sized henna tattoos
- $70 for full-sized henna tattoos
- Henna has been around since 3000 BCE
- Henna originates from India & Egypt
- Henna paste is made by crushing the leaves of the desert plant Lawsonia Inermis (aka mignonette tree / Egyption Privet)
- Can be used on skin, hair fingernails and fabric
- Began as a personal temperature cooling method
- Used for social/holiday traditions since the Bronze age. It was believed to be connected to fertility.
- Henna was regarded as having "barukah" or blessings. It was applied for luck as well as joy & beauty.
- Known to be dangerous to infants & people with a G6PD deficiency (glucose -6- phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency